Manchester Life is committed to respecting and protecting the security of your data. This privacy statement outlines our processes and explains how we will collect, store, use and disclose certain information.
This policy, together with our terms and conditions and other documents set out the basis on which any personal data we collect or that is provided to us will be processed by Manchester Life.
By visiting the Manchester Life website or engaging with us by telephone, email, on-line forms or post, you are accepting and consenting to the practice described in this policy.
By engaging our services to rent a property and providing your contact details you are permitting us to send you relevant communications.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Act, the data controller is:
Manchester Life Management Ltd
Unit 5, Royal Mills
17 Redhill Street Ancoats
Manchester M4 5BA
Third party companies, who may be named on our website, but not affiliated to Manchester Life will have their own privacy policies and you are advised to review these separately, as only they are liable for the use and security of the data that you provide to them.
Not all these points apply in all circumstances:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your information.
- The right to correct personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Where applicable, the right to object to and restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Where applicable the right to have personal information removed.
- The right to request access to your personal information and to be advised how this is processed.
Collection of information
The information we receive and store for customers and applicants and which you provide to us:
- Name, email address, postal address, contact telephone number and payment method. This information is collected when you make an application to rent a property and become a tenant with Manchester Life.
Information which is collected automatically
- Resident activity and requests on our property portal
- Details of contact with the property site, and administrations teams
- CCTV systems may monitor and record parts of the building which you rent your apartmentUse of Information
We use information to:
- Respond to enquiries
- Process applications to rent a property
- Communicate with our residents to fulfil services and provide you with updates on your requests, and to inform you of news and events in your building and the local area
- Carry out our contractual obligations as a landlord
Disclosure of Information
Manchester Life Management Ltd will not share personal information with external companies. Should we ever disclose any personal information it would only be for the following reasons:
- We may engage a service provider to complete your maintenance request
- We engage service providers to process credit card payment transactions
- Satisfy our obligations under applicable law regulation, legal process and governmental request
- Detect or prevent illegal activity including fraud protection, money laundering and payment fraud
In any of these circumstances we do not authorise the use or disclosure of your information except in respect of the service provision.
You may choose to disclose your information by posting a review to public sites which could be obtained by a third party.
Storage of Data
All information, except for card payment details is stored on our secure servers, where you have registered on the resident’s portal you will have been required to set up a security password and personal identification.
You must keep this information safe and not disclose it to anyone else.
You can deactivate your access to the residents portal at any time and if you no longer wish to receive certain communications as a resident you should email us at email@example.com.
How long we store your personal information
- We will store information for as long as we are contracted to do so in providing a service to you
- We will continue to store information for as long as is reasonable for someone to bring a claim against us
- The retention period for storage of information is made in line with legal and statutory requirements
We will safeguard your information with robust procedures but cannot guarantee the security of internet data transmission.
This Statement will be reviewed and updated annually Last date of review October 2021